Injectables are prescription-only medical treatments, administered by trained specialists. These treatments are highly efffective, often producing dramatic results within days.
OGAM offers a range of injectable treatments for different purposes. These include:
- Dermal Filler injections for facial wrinkles and folds or facial contouring
- Injections to reduce wrinkles caused by smiling, squinting and frowning
- Sweat reduction injections
- Fat dissolving injections
- Mesotherapy Skin Hydration Injections
- PRP Plasma therapy
Mesotherapy skin hydration injections refer to a very fine form of hyaluronic acid gel which is used to deliver skin rejuvenation, rather than fill in lines, wrinkles, and folds like its sister products. This delivers lustre, hydration, and elasticity to the skin. When injected just under the skin, it firms and tones to create a fresh, natural vitality and a healthier, younger look. No pre-testing is required and treatment takes only about 30 minutes.
Such is the rejuvenating effect of this treatment that it would be a shame to treat only your face. In fact, it acts just as well on those body areas that are so important for a youthful, self-confident look — your neck, décolletage and hands. Local anaesthetic cream is applied prior to the treatment, and a multiple microinjection technique is used, hence the term ‘mesotherapy’.
Areas treated include the forehead, cheeks, jawline, upper lip, neck, decolletage, and hands. Enquire about the Skinboosters special.
The same muscle relaxant injections that are used for wrinkle reduction are also used for the management of hyperhidrosis to great effect. The effect is long lasting with most clients achieving sweat reduction for six to eight months.
The armpits are the most commonly treated areas but other areas may also be treated. The dosage required is a little greater than that required for cosmetic results but the effect is longer lasting.
We apply a considerable discount to the cost of the treatment given the dosage requirements and our wish for our patients to have access to such an effective treatment option.
For other areas, please consult with our doctor or dermal therapist and advice on pricing will depend on the area being treated.
OGAM utilises muscle relaxant injections in an advanced way to reduce the frequency of migraine and tension headaches.
This use of the muscle relaxant injections is now practiced throughout the world. Techniques can be varied to suit the type of headache you experience. Some treatments focus on relaxing the forehead and temples whilst other treatments incorporate the frown, eye, or neck areas, . Reported reductions in the order of 70% have been achieved with these techniques.
OGAM’s practitioners will strive to individualise your treatment to maximise the desired effect. Treatments have to be updated every 3 to 6 months. If you are a sufferer of frequent disabling migraines or tension headaches which are resistant to routine medical treatments, then perhaps you should consider consulting with us on this novel advanced use of muscle relaxant injections.
OGAM utilises muscle relaxant injections in a novel and advanced way to reduce teeth grinding, and in the treatment of TMJ (temperomandibular joint dysfunction) and associated headaches.
This is an ‘off the label’ use of muscle relaxant injections, but is widely practiced with considerable success. We perform this treatment to relax the masseter muscle, thereby taking the tension out of the jaw and allowing relaxation within the dentition and temperomandibular joint. So if you are wearing your teeth out through grinding, keeping your partner awake through chattering teeth, or if TMJ joint pain is troublesome for you, then you should book a consultation with an OGAM doctor or nurse to discuss your treatment options with muscle relaxant injections.
Putting back what life took away.This treatment involves the use of an injectable material containing skin-smoothing particles that work by stimulating the build up of the body’s own collagen to volumise and restore lost facial volume, resulting in a fuller, younger-looking face with gradual, natural-looking results. OGAM has become a designated centre of excellence in the treatment of HIV treatment related lipoatrophy. Our doctors and nurses have undertaken training in the specific use of the volumising product in reversing the effects of fat loss in the face seen with the treatment of HIV. Lipoatrophy of the face may lead to a noticeable ‘sunken cheeks’ look and may also include loss of fat around the nose, mouth, temples and eye sockets. This appearance can have significant psychosocial impact affecting self-confidence, self-esteem and quality of life.
Lipoatrophy Treatment Program:
Now that this treatment product has been made available on the PBS, the management of lipoatrophy is available without the significant product costs. To access the program, the following steps are involved:
- You attend your HIV specialist who can refer you to OGAM for your lipoatrophy treatment.
- You then ph OGAM on 03 98265107 and book a consultation with Dr Michael O’Gorman.
- At the OGAM consultation, you will be assessed as to your suitability for the treatment and you will be provided with information on the treatment so as you can make an informed decision prior to embarking on a treatment course.
- If you elect to have a treatment course, having being assessed as suitable for the treatment, you will be provided with an ‘authority’ prescription.
- You then need to attend the pharmacy to obtain the product, and you must deliver this to OGAM at least 2 days prior to your designated treatment date. (the product ideally requires 2 days of reconstitution with sterile water prior to use)
- You then attend on the designated treatment date for your treatment. There is a procedure fee, and a medicare rebate against this fee is available to you.
- Treatment sessions generally involve the administration of 2 vials of product, and treatment sessions are generally spaced 6 weeks apart.
Under this program, you are entitled to a total of 10 vials of the product on the PBS in your first year of treatment. This then reduces to 2 vials every two years thereafter, for maintenance.