Allied health services commenced at OGAM in 2011, in addition to our general practice services. Current allied health services include Psychology, Physiotherapy, and Dietitian / Nutrition.
Psychology Services at OGAM are provided by Dr Felicia D’Sylva. Dr D’Sylva is a very experienced clinical psychologist with her knowledge gained over many years through her work in child psychology, forensic psychology, and providing services to the general community through general practice. She is equally comfortable with young clients and more mature clients, and assures utmost confidentiality. Conditions treated include:
- Panic Disorder
- Relationship issues
- Sexual health issues
- Eating disorders
- Self-confidence / self-esteem
- Adjustment issues
- Drug & Alcohol issues
- And most psychological conditions
Dr D’Sylva utilises a wide range of therapies, individualised to the client’s needs.Medicare rebates apply to referrals under GP Mental Health Care Plans, or may be a feature of your private health insurance under ‘extra’s’. Rebates for both Medicare and health insurance funds can be processed for your convenience at OGAM.
The primary aims of physiotherapy services are to:
- diagnose the injury/condition
- reduce pain
- restore muscle/joint mobility
- restore pre-injury condition
- prevent re- injury
- educate patients on self-management techniques
During the initial consultation, we take a detailed history of your condition or injury and conduct a series of physical tests to:
- diagnose which anatomical structure is the likely source of your pain;
- evaluate the extent of your condition or injury; and
- identify appropriate courses of treatment.
At subsequent follow up consultations we:
- assess your response to the treatment
- confirm or negate your initial diagnosis
- identify any need for further treatment
- where necessary, modify your existing treatment
At OGAM, we aim to provide a high level of service with comprehensive assessments, hands on treatment, and communication with related health professionals. Some of the common conditions we treat, and our services, include:
- acute lower back injuries
- acute neck injuries
- shoulder injuries
- post-op rehabilitation
- rehabilitation – generalised strengthening/conditioning
- exercise programs
- dry needling therapy
- theraband graduated strengthening
Medicare rebates apply to referrals under EPC care plans, or may be a feature of your private health insurance under ‘extra’s’. Rebates for both Medicare and health insurance funds can be processed for your convenience at OGAM.
Grace Connelly joined the OGAM team in 2015 to provide specialist dietitian services within our team. Grace’s qualifications include Bachelor of Science, Class 1 Honours in Physiology, and Masters of Nutrition & Dietetics. Grace has broad experience in both hospital and community settings. This includes working within the areas of haematology, allergy, cardiology, diabetes, renal dialysis, HIV/AIDS, gastrointestinal allergy and irritable bowel. Grace also lectures at Monash University. Grace provides the following services at OGAM:
- Dietetic assessments
- Dietetic education
- Nutrition advice specific for cardiac disease, diabetes, cancer, renal failure & dialysis, HIV, and obesity
- Weight management
- Supermarket tours
- Cooking skills education
- Dietary plans
- Please ph 98265107 to book an appointment with Grace.
Initial consultations are for 1 hour, and subsequent consultations are for 30 to 45 mins. Medicare rebates apply to referrals under EPC care plans, or may be a feature of your private health insurance under ‘extra’s’. Rebates for both Medicare and health insurance funds can be processed for your convenience at OGAM.